Hi.

If you are using NetBeans as platform (or would like to do so) I'd like to point you to the NetBeans Integration project which extends NetBeans to create AddOns for OpenOffice.org with a step-by-step wizard, including menu entries.
(You can get NetBeans at:
http://www.netbeans.org
and the Netbeans Integration at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_NetBeans_Integration
)

For understanding what an AddOn is, I'd like to point you to:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/Components/Components.xhtml#1_7_3_Add-Ons

Regards, Steffen

mellannie rachelle reyes wrote:
*Good day sir!!! I am Mellannie again, sorry for asking over and over again,
actually its my first time to add a plug-in in a particular application and
i am still quite confused.*

*What we were really trying to do is to add a plug-in in the
openoffice.writer at the toolbar and a top-level menu, in the first step i
will have to register components using unopkg, and according to the
dev_guide i will use a command prompt? if i am correct, honestly i do not
know what are the components that i should add, is it a code or something?
and pls help me on how can go to the path of unopkg using command prompt? i
am really sorry but i am really confused considering that this is also my
first time to even use an openoffice...also accdg. to the dev_guide we could use our own images for our add-on, but where are we going to save our image,
is it in the folder of openoffice?, also is it required that our image
should be in hexadecimal form if it is already a bmp?...*
**
*Furthermore our code is written in java, will there be a way on how will we
be able to integrate it in out add-on?*
**
*Do you have any suggestions or other examples(for beginners other than the
example from dev_guide) from scratch on how to add a plug-in(with a more
specific step in registry in UNO, config XML,etc.) and integrating a code in
it?*
**
*THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE IN ANSWERING OUR
CONCERNS, PLS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME BACK AT : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**
*AGAIN THANK YOU!*
**
**