The "soft page break" thing is also needed for DAISY export.
Therefor, after investigating into Accessibility related things in ODF,
optionally exporting soft page breaks is now defined in ODF 1.1.

See my OOo conference presentation
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2006/presentations/wednesday_o4.pdf
page 22 (ff).

So ODF 1.1 is an OASIS standard now, and we started implementing the
different things, but I can't promise which feature will make it into
which release.

For now, Ashok's recommendation below is a good work around.

Malte.

ashok _ wrote, On 03/04/07 08:50:
> I hope you are using an XML XSLT filter to write the export filter
> rather than use a basic macro to iterate through the document.
>
> The issue of soft page breaks, i suspect you will have to use XSL-FO
> to identify the point of the page break.. since page length is
> captured in terms of length (in cms) as part of page layout... my
> point is, the soft page break is never recorded on the opendocument
> but rather determined at the point of display by writer.  (you can
> look at this page-layout attribute by unzipping an openoffice document
> with soft page breaks and viewing the styles.xml and searching for
>
> Maybe a way out for you could be to use both a macro and an XSLT
> filter.  First use the macro to convert soft page breaks to hard page
> breaks using a cursor to iteratively mark end of page for the writer
> document (you can generate a temporary copy of the document since you
> dont want to change your original...).  Then run an XSLT filter on
> this document to transform to xhtml... page breaks should now be easy
> to identify since the manual page breaks are recorded in
> content.xml....
>

> On 3/2/07, ianmcr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm fairly new to OOo. I'm working on an export filter to produce accessible
>> html. I'm iterating over the text and identifying paragraphs, tables etc.
>> However, I need a reliable method of identifing soft page breaks.
>>
>> (At the minute I use the page cursor to insert a marker string at the end of
>> each page. However, this causes problems with renumbering lists, headings
>> etc).
>>
>> Is there a recommended method?
>>

>> --

  • [dev] Finding ... ianmcr
    • Re: [dev]... ashok _
    • Re: [dev]... Malte Timmermann
    • Re: [dev]... Frank Meies - Sun Germany - Development - Software Engineer
      • SV: [... Bryan Rasmussen
      • Re: [... Frank Meies - Sun Germany - Development - Software Engineer
        • R... ianmcr
          • ... Frank Meies - Sun Germany - Development - Software Engineer
            • ... ianmcr
              • ... Frank Meies - Sun Germany - Development - Software Engineer