Hi Mathias,

Mathias Bauer schrieb:

So again: I want to get a good compromise between effort (hours to run)
and result (coverage of code that is known to be prone to regressions).
So before I can agree to any regression testing I must know if this
testing really investigates the parts of the code that are known to be
prone to regressions. This has to been proven for the tests you seem to
suggest.

I agree that a good compromise between effort and result should be found. But you seem to miss the point that the planned tests are not meant to do Unit Testing but are on a different level of testing, which is System Testing (up into the area of Integration Testing). Do you doubt that these levels of testing are useful?

Regards,

Jörg