Kay Ramme - Sun Germany - Hamburg wrote:
Some of the reasons for the namespace problems we are facing are IMHO simply non optimal placings, e.g. "com::sun::uno::Reference" would have belonged into "cppu" ("cppu::Reference" or may be simply "uno::Reference". As probably most people agree with, the whole "com::sun::star" namespace became obsolete when open sourcing StarOffice and should have been renamed to "OOo" (or similar), and I am sure there are more aspects one currently would like to see being reflected in the namespaces, but ... we want to stay API and ABI compatible, more or less rendering these thoughts useless ;-)

What about new interfaces / services ? Would it be feasible to create "uno::" aliases for "com::sun::star::uno::" and "com::sun::star::lang" and start using org::openoffice namespace for new interface/service definitions ?

Or even better, move the basic types to ::uno and make aliases for those in the old namespace(s) ?!

Other aliases (e.g. for beans etc.) might need to get added over time, but at least we could start the transition.

Just my 2 cents,
Oliver