Hello Andreas:

On 9/7/07, Andreas Martens wrote:

> yes, the position of 'bk02' is wrong, you should submit an issue with
> your findings.

Yes, I have done that now.

> The missed 'bk01' is another problem. We deal with a bookmark right
> before a character as if the character is marked.
>So this bookmark is
> moved with the character, e.g. if you select the word and drag&drop it
> somewhere else in your document, the bookmark will be moved, too. If you
> delete the word, the bookmark is deleted, too.
>If you replace your word
> by another word, the word is deleted (with the bookmark) and then
> another word is inserted (without bookmark). It will be difficult to
> specify this behavior in a way that delivers expected result for every
> situation.

I follow your argument, but the implementation of the bookmark seems a
bit inconsistent
to me. To me the bookmark should really only indicate a position
within the text, independent of a character that is following it,
since you can just type spaces in a document, and insert bookmarks.
Its a position marker independent of what follows it and what appears
before it...

I agree with the case where the bookmark is in the middle of the word,
and the whole word is cut and pasted in another part of the document,
and the bookmark also moves with the word.

But removing the bookmark before the character being replaced, seems
really odd behaviour to me, since the positional nature of the
bookmark hasnt been altered by the replace.

cheers

ashok