The first problem is the loading of libraries via .NET. This happens on
a lazy base - when calling

                  uno.util.Bootstrap.bootstrap();

On some machines I get errors (FileNotFound exceptions), some are working
without problems. This can be solved by adding the installation path to the
PATH variable. This must be done by the application program.

UNO_PATH does not help, because setting this will add the content of UNO_PATH
to PATH, but AFTER .NET has loaded all libraries needed.

The other problems are based on wrong registry entries (some from old
installations). To reduce these problems, one may set UNO_PATH, which prevents, that OO looks into the registry at all. On the other hand you may end up with
two OO paths in your PATH variable.

I've written a small console based program, which connects to OpenOffice in six different way - nice program to check a computer very fast, if the OO connection works using .NET. The project (including binary) can be downloaded from www.schrievkrom.de/extfiles/OOConsoleTest.zip and is about 30K small.

I now only have to solve the problem with a new XP installation on a laptop, where
2.3.0 is installed, but when bootstrap that it does not find the specific
version ....

Marten