Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 09:19 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Without looking at the actual macros:  Would that strategy really
>> work
>> if you keep the macros in a base class definition and remove them from
>> derived class definition?
>
> Ah, good point.  So, I'll need to go up in the whole class inheritance
> tree then.  Now, that's when it gets nasty; if the inheritance tree
> involves more than one module, that may cause a cascade of necessary
> code re-writes across many modules...  Yikes. :-(
>
> The following macros appear to be the major consumers of TYPEINFO:
>
> TYPE
> ISA
> PTR_CAST

Don't forget the factory stuff we use to create e.g. SfxPoolItems. They
are not directly related to the RTTI but build upon the same code.

> So, we'd probably watch out for their usage when removing TYPEINFO
> altogether.

IMHO the only safe and reasonable way to get rid of our "hand made" RTTI
is removing the header files containing it from the source tree and
rebuild. This will make sure that nothing breaks due to complications we
overlooked in the first place.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".