On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 14:05 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:

> I think that the best solution would be to get rid of share/dict/ooo and look
> for the dictionaries into a common place, for example /usr/share/myspell.
>
> It would be nice get rid of share/dict/ooo/dictionary.lst. The dictionaries
> have well defined names. It is possible to create symlinks for compatible
> languages, ... Well, there might be problems with symlinks on Windows but it
> would be very useful on Linux.

Specifically wrt dictionaries, as you probably know that's precisely
what we do on fedora where we've done away with dictionary.lst (well it
still works if you want to use it) and just auto-detect them and the
language/locale they service based on their names and add looking in a
system /usr/share/myspell location as well the shared OOo one and then
the per-user one.

If there's any interest in it, then I could try and perhaps upstream
this work and co-opt the existing --without-myspell-dicts or whatever
its called into a sort of --with-system-dicts=LOCATION and bind the code
off that, or something of that nature.

C.