Hi Tobias,

Tobias Krais wrote:
Hi together,

we just upgraded from OOo 1.1.4 to OOo 2.4. Our documents are all sxw
documents. Some customers claim, that the formatting is now different
My question: does OOo illustrate / display sxw files as OOo 1.1.x does?
Or are there differences?

If there are differences, is there a way to to open the files as they
have been displayed in OOo 1.1.4?

Yes there are many differences :-) Thousands of Bugfixes and Features
were implemented and fixed until OOo 1.1.4. This version has many layout
errors and missing functionality, which can lead to a different layout
between these two versions. If the formatting errors are too
dramatically you have to open issues as bug report. If it is possible
you can add the test documents to these issues.

The general compatibility should be given between these versions and
file formats.

Regards,
  Thorsten