Martin Hollmichel wrote:
> Extensions can be used to achieve some modularization of the
> OpenOffice.org code base and should be used to reduce the build time and
> dependencies of the core OpenOffice.org builds.

--enable/--disable-foo exist.

> For that reason we introduced different aliases to support the
> differentiation of the core and extensions.
>
> To my knowleadge there are at least three open issues:
>
> 1. move the pdf import extension into an extension only module (90061)
> 2. move the report designer extension into an extension only module (90062)
> 3. do we need the extensions make a prerequisite of the postprocess module ?

4. make the modules build out-of-tree with the SDK.
  (I don't think that they do right now)
  Means: They all also need their separate configures and the extension
  stuff then removed from the main one..

Otherwise it's mott, as you need the whole OOo tree to build them
anyway, so why not ship them in there? (And use --disable/--enable-foo
for deciding whether you want it or not)

> Once these issue are solved, we going to switch from OpenOffice2 to
> OpenOffice3 alias plus an additional alias for the extensions

Note that whoever added hyphen to the aliases missed to add it to
OpenOffice3 (so I am told..)
(The patch I sent which did that was closed as duplicate...)

Regards,

Rene