<http://eric.bachard.free.fr/news/2008/06/wae4binfilter01.html>: "I think we can start to fix warnings in binfilter." When we started the warning-free endeavor, we deliberately left binfilter "unfixed." The main motivation for making the code warning free was to offer a quality control tool for future code contributions/modifications (locating existing errors was only of subordinate interest). But as binfilter is more-or-less dead code, it was deemed unrewarding to make that code warning free (a process with a non-trivial risk of introducing new errors, by the way).

-Stephan