On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 06:37:44AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:56:17AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> I have seen that when i start the slideshow from any slide it works for
> >> that
> >> slide .
> >> Navigating to the other slide during slideshow is failing .
> >>
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > could you please also try whether assigning a slide transition
> > effect to the first slide shows up correctly?
> >
> >> What is the flow in following cases :
> >> a) When u press F5 on the current sllide Versus
> >> b) When u press Page Down on the current slide which is fullscreen
> >> Do the flows at a) and b) differ .
> >>
> > Not fundamentally. The next slide gets prepared in the background in
> > a second bitmap, so maybe a caching/resource issue on your side?
> >
> >> Note that when i navigate the presentation in non-slideshow mode , it
> >> works
> >> . Do you see any obvious problem , which i am missing .   Any pointers
> >> from
> >> you will help me debug the issue with my bitmap / virtual device code.
> >>
> > The non-slideshow mode is using completely different code paths,
> > this does not give much information - to give more specific help,
> > I'd need the code - preferrably a full patch, such that I can debug
> > that in a live office.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -- Thorsten

> As u suggested I put a slide transition in the first slide  ,but with no
> succes and it dint show up. :(
>
> Also I was just wondering if its really a caching/resource issue on my side,
> as i came across a situation wherein the slideshow works but wid slight
> change in the way the user delivers the events.
> The situation is summarized as follows.
> 1)I have 3 slides each being bitmaps covering the entire screen and each
> containing some animation(ie. Some text coming up on a click)
> 2  (a)On F5,the first slide doesnt show up(ie.No bitmap comes up as in the
> original slide). However on a click as proposed the 1st slide is displayed
> correctly(ie.The bitmap as well as the animated text).
>     (b)To move to the next slide ie. on any key press , the first Slide is
> erased and a black screen comes up.But giving one more click ( this is for
> the animated text) , the slide comes up with both the bitmap and animated
> text.
>     (c)this happens in case of all the remaing slides.

Hi Karl,

yes, this indeed gives some more hints - maybe clipping has issues
(in that there are subtle differences in how to interpret empty or
no clip), or there's something wrong with timer events, yielding or
rescheduling. You might want to single-step in
sd/source/ui/slideshow/slideshowimpl.cxx:updateHdl, to verify that
there are no differences to the X11 version.

Next thing to try: what's the differene if you use normal shapes
instead of the slide-sized bitmaps in your example above (and keep
the animation)?

x-posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'd suggest continuing there.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten