Hello,

I recently began using open office on my laptop. However typing in Writer is absolutely impossible, as my hands frequently graze the touchpad and jump the cursor to another position in the document. I'm aware of the various ways to limit mouse sensitivity in gnome, and there is also a dock applet that allows you to lock the mouse out of the way.

Other word processors, most notably Microsoft Word, ignore sporadic movements from the touchpad while the user is typing. I can think of no valid reason that a user would be typing and clicking the mouse at the same time, so is there a technical reason this type of ignore feature can not be built into Writer? Or has this issue just been overlooked entirely?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Drake Anubis
www.drakeanubis.com