Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Juergen,

Hoping to see your marcos soon~ hehe.
i am not fan of macros and the skeletonmaker can be already used for both (declaration and forwarding).
I think it is no real overhead and changes are not so often.

Which is merely wrong - in case we're talking about API which is
currently being developed. In such a situation, I often come across new
facets of the problem which require the API to be adjusted (yes, this
might be a deficiency of mine - finally, one should be able to first
design properly, and then implement, right? :)

About the "overhead": Feeding skeletonmaker with the type library path
and the like arguments is not really fun. Doing this *every time* is
*definitely* overhead compared to typing DECLARE_XFOO just *once* in the
header.

I agree that it would be or can be smart for the developer but not for people who wants to read/understand

Hmm? What's difficult to read about DECLARE_XFOO or FORWARD_XFOO?

or debug the code later on.

Every decent debugger has a "step into" feature. Applying this to a
FORWARD_XFOO line in the header is not much different from applying it
to an explicit forwarding in the .cxx file.

Anyway i will think about it ...

This is also what you said last time I brought up this idea/request :)
really, maybe you should submit a feature request ;-)

Juergen

Ciao
Frank

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Juergen Schmidt
Nagelsweg 55                 Technical Lead Programmability

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering