On 13/08/2008 02:26, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
Michael Strobel wrote:
Hi All,

Which way do you debug OOo? I currently wanted to perform a full build of OOo 2.4 with debug=true, but ran into multiple problems e.g. during packing of the install set under .../instset_native, while there are no problems with the build when I don't set debug=true. Adding debug symbols to certain moduls of OOo would satisfiy my needs. I presume that I just need to install my compiled build, recompile the modules for which I need debug symbols with debug=true and copy the newly created shared libs and executables over the installation. Is that okay or is there any better approach?

First build without debug and install.

Then rebuild the selected modules with debug and just symlink the selected .so within the installed version above.

That way I save on the step of copying, or even the "deliver". Just "build debug=true" to check your changes.

Hub

please note that symlinking .so files into an installation has never been guaranteed to work. there have always been cases for which this breaks (e.g. dlopening shared objects relying on RPATH), and the three-layer installation has introduced some additional ones...
copying the libs does not have this problem.
i bet sb could tell you more about this...

michael

--
"In Lisp, if you want to do aspect-oriented programming, you just do a
 bunch of macros and you're there. In Java, you have to get Gregor