Moin Christian!

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Ulf Wendel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(Those who missed a few mail: I did try on purpose to compile OOo 3.0 M28 on
OpenSolaris 2008.05 although its not a supported/recommended development
platform )

At the end of the OpenSolaris 2008.05 adventure tour is JDK 1.5.

OpenOffice requires JDK 1.5. OpenSolaris 2008.05 comes with JDK 1.6. I tried
compiling OpenOffice 3.0 M28 against JDK 1.6 . I was not too successfull.
But hey, OOo does not promise to compile with JDK 1.6 - no deal!

AFAIK only hsqldb module had problems with JDK 1.6

hsqldb did build just fine. My trouble was always on jni.h and libawt* - I still believe the JDK 1.6 package smells or my installation was (repeatably) broken. But anyway, I spend so much time on it and I think I should try Solaris 10 instead to get any Solaris box working.

The virtual machine still exists, I might try again later...

OpenSolaris 2008.05 does not offer JDK 1.5 packages. You may try to install
a JDK using a download package from java.sun.com. However, the Solaris
packages of JDK 1.5 are build against Motif 2.1. And there is no Motif
package for OpenSolaris 2008.05. As far as I understood it, the lawyers are
working to make the two worlds compatible :(.

IIRC you can tell java not to use any motif stuff/operate in some kind
of headless mode as well.
-Djava.awt.headless=true might be worth a try.

Hmm, ah, no, the virtual machine is already zipped and archived... maybe in a week... In general it looks promising but I'm afraid I don't have much more time to play with it.

Thanks!
Ulf