Caolán McNamara wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 15:11 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> But the "Exit" method now is never called and IMHO it isn't necessary to
>> do so. The only known problem this creates is that it prevents the
>> detection of memory leaks caused by the objects that now never get
>> deleted.
>
> Possibly still the theoretical option of hooking them back into the
> library unloading scheme of
> http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/spec/library_unloading.html

IIRC this was not meant to be applied to libraries that inject pointers
to objects implemented inside them into other libraries' code, they
where meant to be used for libraries where the life cycle of each object
can be tracked by UNO reference counting.

> Not that we actually attempt to unload any unloadable modules at the
> moment anyway as far as I can see. There's always the carrot of e.g.
> closing it having starmath's globals go away. But no big sweat, I was
> just wondering if they were supposed to connect to anything right now.

As we never know if we perhaps will need these methods at some time we
should keep them. A possible approach to find a point in time where they
can/should be called ia by registering listeners at the Desktop or the
Service Manager. When these objects die it's a safe bet that noone will
access any code in e.g. Writer anymore.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".