Hi Caolán,

Caolán McNamara schrieb:
On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 06:50 +0200, Helge Delfs wrote:
However you might run these tests by yourself and it is of
course acceptable to fix these tests if required.

What's the (hopefully one line) way to run these tests myself ? Or is
this a work in progress and not for use right now ?

My vision and the vision of the GUI automation QA team [1] is to have
the mandatory GUI tests (QA processes) in a build-bot or in a test-bots.
We are working on such a solution for the automated GUI testing with VCL
TestTool. Other tools can follow, but this isn't in my responsibility.

To have the test scripts for automated testing with VCL TestTool in the
same repository was the first step. Now it is possible to change the
scripts in the same CWS when a new functionality will be added or old
functionality will be changes in that way, that the tests will break.
The changes of the test scripts will be done by the Automators. It isn't
needed that the OOo developer change the scripts by herself.
It is important for us, that this tooling will not be a new barrier for
contribution. It should help to check the new code easier in the UI
(Integration Test).

Since DEV300 code line is on Subversion (SVN) you get the test scripts
anyway. So there isn't any change for you as developer on OOo.
Only when you bring in a CWS to OOo, which change break a test script,
the test scripts will be changed in the CWS, when it is 'ready for QA'
(but our intension is to set the CWS back to 'new' or bring in another
state, that the QA-persons - Automators - can do their job on the CWS).

So there isn't any new barrier or change for the developer on OOo, since
the code line changed to SVN.

Thorsten

PS.: The policies are changed. But as I wrote since SVN migration a
     policy change isn't needed anymore.
     http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Approve_a_CWS
     http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CWS_Policies

[1] : http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/AutomationTeamsite/ooQA-TeamAutomationResp.html