On 10/16/08 10:53, Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Surely the our output tree names/locations are a facet equal across all
working copies, so we should address the issue in the repository.

In a sense, the output tree names are not "equal across all working copies," in that different people build for different platforms (though the set of all possible output tree names is known and finite at any given point in time). The best long term fix for this particular problem probably is to strictly separate the source tree and the output tree. Until then, I agree, the best fix probably is as you describe.

-Stephan