Hi,

eric b schrieb:
Hi Andre,

Just a question : what does mean Developer for you exactly ?

*sigh* .. depends. Normally I'd say "people who contribute code". Unfortunately many people claim, that communites consist of "developers" (somemayextend to "and other less important contributors") I often see "developer" as "someone who takes part in the process of product development".

Looking at your map, I didn't found too much of people who commited anything, and I seriously doubt this is a correct description of the OpenOffice.org developers, but maybe I misunderstood the sense of the word ...

At least there are more code contributors then "zero out of six". You may click the area around hamburg there are some. But you'll also find people like Caolan McNamara or Cedric Bosdonnat. And if it qualifies to have at least one bug fixed, you'll find even me (information an place is outdated)

But anyway - this was not the intention of my mail, to define what a developer is and what not. I was rather focusing on the fact that communities "happen" and often in an unexpected way (e.g. if you ask developers to answer a question you might geht hundrets of answers from non-developers but non from a developer ;) )

André