Hi Bernd,

> Well the fine grained control suggestes by you Frank is not as easy to
> implement as it might first look like: there´s lot of places where
> different kinds of changes to data in EIS is being made and each one
> would have to be reviewed and decided upon wether and what kind of mail
> users on such CC list should get when a change occurs. For example
> owners and QA Reps already get mails on status changes, so I suppose
> users on such a CC list should get them too except that for the
> situation that they are also the owner or qa rep than they should not
> get 2 identical mails for the event of course. And what about comments
> added would you want users on such a CC list to get email for that or
> not. And what about other minor important information like when somebody
> changed the location field of the CWS or just did set the flag that the
> CWS is help relevant would you want an extra email for that too or not
> and so on...

We could *define* such a "CC" field as "if you're subscribed here,
*every* change is notified to you. Period." Finally, that's how other
tracking systems (and I really think CWS data in EIS in this respect is
pretty much the same as issue data in IssueZilla) work, too.

As for the duplicate mails: I suppose making the "set of reciepients"
unique immediately before sending the mail shouldn't really be difficult.

With such a feature, we would have the "subscribe for selected changes
in all CWS" - that's the RSS feeds, and the "subscribe to all changes of
in selected CWS" - that's the CC list. So, something for everybody :). I
of course would use the latter ...

Btw. I'd also say that members of a CWS, as well as the owner/QA-rep,
should be handled as if they were subscribed to the CC list.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -