Thanks Ariel for the help.

I was already using NB for development, and the debug was giving me problems, but now it looks like they have been resolved (just needed to be patient since the message said "Listening to port ...." but the OpenOffice process was started after the deployment of extension , i.e., the Extension manager window would come and after closing that the main OpenOffice window would start and after this the breakpoint was hit).

I had given up and after your mail, gave it another shot, and it worked :)

I have another doubt though. When the project was created in NB, I added a Menu and a Toolbar. The Menu's name/title is appropriately picked up from Addons.xcu file and shows the name I've entered, but the Toolbar's name always comes as "Add-on 1". How can I fix this?

-Karthik

Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
Ariel Constenla-Haile escribió:
Hi Karthik,

Karthik Sudarshan escribió:
Hi all,
I've written an extension and the Options dialog is not visible (but the Options button is). I think there may be an error due to which the dialog is not being displayed. I wanted to know if there is an error log where I can look into this.

Also is there a way to start the OpenOffice / UNO process in debug mode, so that I can attach a Java debugger?

see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/WritingUNO/Debugging#Component_Debugging

Though the simplest way is to develop your extension in NetBeans IDE,

I meant: "in NB IDE with the OOo API plug-in", as the explanation on
that page is also about NetBeans, but  attaching the debugger, not simply
using the plug-in features.

and then just right-click on the Project and choose to debug it (this way you don't even have to install the extension: the user directory is created inside the project's build dir.)

Regards