Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> I've built m40 successfully and I attach the build script at the end
> of this email.

That is good news.

 # yum search cairo
 # yum install cairo-devel
On CentOS 5.2:
$ rpm -qa | grep cairo
pycairo-devel-1.2.0-1.1
cairo-1.2.4-5.el5
cairo-devel-1.2.4-5.el5
pycairo-1.2.0-1.1

As you can see, they are too old, and some libraries (gtk specific in
this case),

That is because you have chosen CentOS 5.2.

Because I don't have another machine so the next time, I will create another
account in my Linux box, and only use it for building OOo. In this
way, I will not
mess up with libraries, headers, bin, etc... in my $HOME.

One idea that I have been using to build and debug OpenOffice.org for
years is VMware Workstation. You could choose VirtualBox, or similar
software as an alternative to such a priced software product.

It is said that they have some drawbacks in performance, ...
However, its benefits might be greater than the drawbacks.

I have the following virtual machines:
 - OpenOffice.org 2.x build environment using Fedora Core 4,
 - a test machine using Fedora Core 6
 - 3.x build environment (being prepared; I mainly use Solaris x86)
 - CentOS 5.2 machine to mimic customer's environment
 - others
on a single Fedora 8 host machine backed a Solaris ZFS file server.

The Fedora 8 host machine had been Fedora 6 with VMware 5.x some years
ago and was upgraded to Fedora 8 with VMware 6.0 last year, now VMware 6.5.
You know I did not loose any virtual machines even I reinstalled the host
machine.

Tora