Roman,

I recently started building on Windows myself.

The page Maximillian mentioned (
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Building_OOo_with_Cygwin_on_Windows)
is a great resource, and definitely your best friend in getting OOo to
build. I made a few changes to it myself to reflect my own experiences.

I used VS2008 express (free download) and it built fine (DEV300_M37).

Once you get it all building, you will probably want to write a script that
ties together the whole process to make it simple. I have one that does the
following (let me know if you want that):

1) copies the required 'external' files into the appropriate source
directories
2) configures the build
3) bootstraps the build, then begins the build process.

Robert

2009/2/18 Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany <
frank.schoenh...@sun.com>