Gregor Hartmann wrote:
> another problem or rather a question is: what are Buildbots meant to be
> good for?
>
> Fom when they were introduced they had two tasks to perform
>
> 1. Test the build under as many different system configurations as possible.
>
> 2. Produce builds which are suitable for QA.

Hi Gregor,

hm, from my understanding, #1 is the purpose of tinderboxes. That
idle buildbots also feed the tinder results is a nice side-effect,
but not the main purpose IMHO. Instead, I definitely think #2 is
the real thing, concurring with Caolan - allows hackers, QA people
& interested users to have a look at a CWS *as it would come out of
HH when integrated*

> so the Buildbots seem to rather obey rule #1 now.
> The question is if we want to neglect this task of the bots in favor of
> #2 or not.

Please. At least for the HH-maintained ones. Probably, for the
RedFlag ones, they want to use *their* baseline environment there.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten