Nils Fuhrmann wrote:
> I know that there were some issue regarding QA'ing buildbot builds in
> past. To get an idea what the real problem is, we should collect those
> issues in detail when they occur to find the root cause for them (as we
> always do). If those issues still are existent, I would await that this
> list is already available somewhere (Mechtilde, do you have such list?).

Hi Nils, *,

I would expect to *always* have subtle (or not so subtle)
differences in the build, *as long* as we don't converge to exactly
one build system (whatever that might look, not necessarily
buildbots). That would be fixing the root cause, in my book.

> Really, we should investigate into the concrete list of issues before
> thinking about any additional infrastructure. So if such list of issues
> is available, I will ask someone of my team to take a look on it.

In concur with Andre. I guess it's about using the existing
infrastructure properly - why not setup a buildbot with the exact HH
Linux buildenv (publish that as a VM/VirtualBox image at the
same time), and keep it in sync with internal builds (of course,
having RelEng build on that very same machine/setup would nicely
ensure that this is the case)?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten