Starting with OOO310 m8 OOo will automatically search for a new JRE when the previously selected one was removed. Provided that the new JRE is in a path that is found, everything will work.

Joachim

Hanno Meyer-Thurow schrieb:
Hi all!
As of now OpenOffice.org looks for a JRE in different paths.

What I heard is that each micro version update unsets the
OpenOffice.org Java configuration in Gentoo and one has to
set the Java JRE again under

        Extras > Options > OpenOffice.org > Java

Serkan, correct me please if I am wrong.

The Gentoo Java Team came up with the idea to centralise
the Java JRE search path in one directory. This would be /usr/lib/jvm
in Gentoo where Java JDK/JRE are managed without the micro version
in its pathname. And named like <jre | jdk>-major.minor only.

So, in short it would be these three points of interest:
- change Java JRE search paths to one (set by configure option)
- accept a symlink as the base directory for a Java JDK/JRE
- to add a manual Java JDK/JRE install use the (already available)
  'Add' button in the Java options dialog
  (in my hacked build non-functioning)

I tried to patch

        jvmfwk/plugins/sunmajor/pluginlib/util.cxx

There is a char array of search paths and symlink checks
but without luck.

Any help or pointers is appreciated!
And thank you in advance!

Regards,