Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:45:35 +0200
Jochen <joachim.ling...@sun.com> wrote:

Hanno Meyer-Thurow schrieb:
So, in short it would be these three points of interest:
- change Java JRE search paths to one (set by configure option)
This is currently not supported.

I can add that. :)
I am not clear what exactly you try to achieve. Is it that you want only look in exactly one place for an installed JRE?
What is meant with "configure option"

- accept a symlink as the base directory for a Java JDK/JRE
During the search for JRE installations the JREProperties.class program is carried out for each found JRE. This program reads out the system properties and writes them to stdout where the java framework reads them from and the checks things like
java.version
java.vendor
java.home

Okay, I finally got halfway through. util.cxx is patched so that only one
path is checked for Java RE and the unresolved base directory is used.
Now I have to find the code that creates the java configuration since there
is the resolved path written to instead of the unresolved one.

May you give me another code pointer for this, please.
Unless it is sourced from JREProperties that I will check.
jvmfwk/source/elements.hxx:CNodeJava

Please keep in mind that if you want to contribute the support of links in OOo that one also needs the check if the used Java complies with the requirements. And it must be defined what happens, when this is not the case.

Joachim

Regards,
Hanno