Del Merritt wrote:

> In cppuhelper/source/shlib.cxx and sal/osl/unx/module.c I see hooks for
> literally scores of files.  Is there a roadmap or project that would
> help me identify which additional shared-object libraries that are
> currently resolved at soffice.bin runtime could instead be dynamically
> loaded/resolved on demand?

You can be sure that all libraries that can be loaded on demand are
loaded on demand. It is possible with larger code changes to make more
libraries loadable on demand, but nothing you can do just by tweaking a
bit in a load libary hook. Moreover, the reduction in memory foot print
will be quite small as the "big ones" amongst the libraries will still
be needed. Large fractions of "UI code" (dialogs etc.) have been
converted to be loaded on demand a long time ago and they won't be used
in the headless scenario anyway.

So any major step towards a smaller memory footprint would be a complete
rearrangement of the content of the big libraries. Some plans have been
made about possible new code distributions but they haven't been put
into action.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".