Hi Tora,

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. However, I do not want to start
soffice.exe as a normal user account as I would need the user account password
or wait for a user logon.

I realised the problem running a OO service as SYSTEM is that:

"the service runs as a special account and OpenOffice.org will try to show the
license agreement dialog as if it was a new user instead of starting the
application."

"To avoid this, you need to edit share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Setup.xcu
(it's an XML file) inside the OpenOffice.org installation directory and replace
this bit"

This is the article that explains it: http://www.artofsolving.com/node/11

Cheers,

Wei Min