Hi Wei,

Wei Min Teo wrote:
> Thanks for your replies and suggestions. However, I do not want to start
> soffice.exe as a normal user account as I would need the user account
> password or wait for a user logon.

I do not know about Windows well. How is the account 'SYSTEM' dangerous?

Microsoft TechNet describes user accounts for IIS and Built-in Accounts at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/3648346f-e4f5-474b-86c7-5a86e85fa1ff.mspx?mfr=true

That might help you understand and set up an account for your OpenOffice.org.
It mentions one of the accounts, "built-in Local Service user account" which
might be an alternative.

> I realised the problem running a OO service as SYSTEM is that:
>
> "the service runs as a special account and OpenOffice.org will try to show
> the license agreement dialog as if it was a new user instead of starting the
> application."

Yeah, that is the phenomenon I pointed before and said that might be well-known.

> "To avoid this, you need to edit share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Setup.xcu
> (it's an XML file) inside the OpenOffice.org installation directory and
> replace this bit"

Oh, that is a good idea, tweaking Setup.xcu under the folder 'share.' That is
cool!

> This is the article that explains it: http://www.artofsolving.com/node/11

Cheers,
Tora