Markus Daniel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is not really an OpenOffice-Issue but I am running out of ideas...
>
> I am trying to convert old StarOffice3.1 Documents in PDFs.
>
> I cannot use OpenOffice because the formatting of the documents will be
> destroid (tested with OpenOffice 1.0.3).
>
> With OpenOffice I called a macro from the commandline like (all on Windows)
> soffice.exe macro:///lib.module.macro1
> this works fine but
> soffice3.exe macro:///lib.module.macro1 with StarOffice3.1 doesn't work
>
> I tried a lot of possibilities nothing works.
> It looks like StarOffice3 was not able to execute macros from the
> commandline.
> Is this true?
>
> Is a install version of StarOffice3.1 somewhere available?

I don't think so, at least not if you want to avoid illegal copies.
Besides that, AFAIR there was no PDF export in SO3, so all you can do
with it is converting the documents into SO5 binary format.

This can be done in batch processing using the built-in document
converter. Then you can use OOo1.x to load the SO5 documents and export
to PDF. OOo1.x is the closest match for the SO binary format.

Perhaps you can find an SO5 copy somewhere (as this was available as a
free download at some point in time) and - if you are lucky - this
version handles your SO3 documents properly.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".