Hello Matthias,

thank you for the quick response.

Mathias Bauer schrieb:
> Markus Daniel wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> this is not really an OpenOffice-Issue but I am running out of ideas...
>>
>> I am trying to convert old StarOffice3.1 Documents in PDFs.
>>
>> I cannot use OpenOffice because the formatting of the documents will be
>> destroid (tested with OpenOffice 1.0.3).
>>
>> With OpenOffice I called a macro from the commandline like (all on Windows)
>> soffice.exe macro:///lib.module.macro1
>> this works fine but
>> soffice3.exe macro:///lib.module.macro1 with StarOffice3.1 doesn't work
>>
>> I tried a lot of possibilities nothing works.
>> It looks like StarOffice3 was not able to execute macros from the
>> commandline.
>> Is this true?
>>
>> Is a install version of StarOffice3.1 somewhere available?
>
> I don't think so, at least not if you want to avoid illegal copies.
> Besides that, AFAIR there was no PDF export in SO3, so all you can do
> with it is converting the documents into SO5 binary format.
>
> This can be done in batch processing using the built-in document
> converter. Then you can use OOo1.x to load the SO5 documents and export
> to PDF. OOo1.x is the closest match for the SO binary format.

I tried to load the documents with OpenOffice, this works fine, but the
layout was not like the original sdw-Files and the pdf-export in early
OpenOffice-Versions is not so good as needed.

> Perhaps you can find an SO5 copy somewhere (as this was available as a
> free download at some point in time) and - if you are lucky - this
> version handles your SO3 documents properly.

I will try this approach, thank you for the tipp.

Can you tell me if the command promt call of a macro works or not?
"soffice3.exe macro:///lib.module.macro1"

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards
Markus

- --
/**
 * Markus Daniel
 * Bachelor of Science
 *
 * Synyx GmbH & Co. KG
 * OpenSource Solutions
 * Karlstr. 68
 * 76137 Karlsruhe
 *
 * phone +49(0)721 66 48 79 31
 * fax   +49(0)721 66 48 877
 * eMail markus.dan...@synyx.de
 * www   http://www.synyx.de
 * skype synyx_daniel
 * irc   irc.synyx.de
 *
 * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
 * Registergericht: Mannheim
 * Handelsregisternummer: HRA 4793
 * USt-IdNr.: DE249264296
 *
 * Komplementärin: Elatech Verwaltungs GmbH
 * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
 * Geschäftsführer: Markus Daniel
 * Registergericht: Mannheim
 * Handelsregisternummer: HRB 7250