Can someone show me how to programatically copy a text table from one
document to a different document?

The reason I ask is that I want to use the text table format/structure of
the source template to define a new table in the destination document.  I'll
be writing different cell text, so, I don't really need to copy the table if
I could transfer all of the properties to a new table in the destination
doc.

I'm using the java api, and so far I can't even get close to performing a
table copy.

Thanks.