MOULIN Camille wrote:

> Hi Mathias, Mathias Bauer a écrit : [...]
>> Where do you see the Hyperlink Bar not behaving like other
>> toolbars?
>
> A"regular" toolbar has a drop down menu on the right end, allowing
> you to choose the buttons you want to display, you can (un)anchor it,
> move it around, etc. That means also that if it's narrow enough, you
> can stick it to the right of your Standard toolbar.
That's not entirely correct. The configuration menu is shown only for
configurable toolbars and there are "regular" toolbars that are not
configurable also, e.g. toolbars in extensions.

OK, you want to have the hyperlink bar configurable.

> Please have a look at the pictures below to see what I mean
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/MyDrafts#Before
>  and
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/MyDrafts#After
>
>> I mean, it's indeed a different implementation (because the
>> controls are not independent from each other and so the toolbar
>> itself implements some control logic), but until now I didn't see
>> any difference from a UX point of view.
>
> Well, my question was also from a developper point of view : I think
> this change would be beneficial to OOo (see
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/MyDrafts#Web_search_Toolbar
> for more details), but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.

There are two ways to implement that feature: convert the hyperlink bar
into a "regular toolbar" or extend the SfxChildWindow based
implementations to support toolbars. Probably the latter would be a
waste of time as the code is planned to be replaced. For a "regular
toolbar" all code currently in the hyperlink bar class must be moved
into the controllers - a quite challenging task.

> That's why I was asking how long would it take to implement such a
> change and what level of OOo knowledge would it require (as the
> specificity of the implementation let me suppose it's more
> complicated than it can seem in the first place).
Depending on the knowledge of the developer a rough estimation for the
effort would be 3-4 weeks. Too much for me to start that task now.

Regards,
Mathias