2010/6/16 Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Bartosz,
>
> On Tuesday, 2010-06-15 09:06:19 +0200, Bartosz wrote:
>
>> After replace svArrays by STL containers, in some cases I observed boost of
>> performance.
>>
>> For example:
>>      for (USHORT i = 0;  i < aEntries.size();  ++i)
>
> Please ensure to adapt also all types where necessary, in this case the
> result may even be an endless loop if aEntries happens to contain more
> than 64k entries.. instead of   USHORT i   it should be   size_t i

Hi Eike.

I think that if the endless loop didn't exist before SvArrays replace, then
it will not exist after SvReplace.
I think previous code:
    USHORT nCnt = aEntries.Count();
    USHORT i;
    for (i = 0;  i<  nCnt&&   0 == aRes.Len();  ++i)

may also even to endless loop.
I would rather replace "USHORT i" variable with " vector< type>::iterator",
which can handle huge numbers (it will increase during the memory will
deplete).

I spent many hours on replacing SvArray by STL.
What I should do to propose this patch to commit to OpenOffice.Org?

I won't loose my current job.
Is it possible to commit this changes to OpenOffice 3.3 ?

Best Regards
Bartosz