hello,

I have written a C++ component, which works fine. But just recently I
noticed that

void SAL_CALL myComponent::initialize( const Sequence< Any >&
aArguments ) throw ( Exception, RuntimeException)

is called four times after running openoffice.org -writer before the
empty writer document opens.

Also, data stored in the myComponent instance that was initialized gets
lost during my editing session to the document.

What am I doing wrong? How can I tie the myComponent instance to the
lifetime (the time it is opened) of the document? There is no data in
myComponent that needs to survive document closing/re-opening, but it
would be nice to be able to keep data for the editing session of the
document!

Thanks for any hints
        Jan