Hello Ariel,

> I guess you are implementing a css.frame.ProtocolHandler. aren't you?

I suppose you are right. I started out by copying from some SDK example.
Now I looked and found in iMath.cxx:

#define SERVICE_NAME "de.gmx.rheinlaender.jan.imath.ProtocolHandler"

> how, when, why, ..., your components gets initialized depends on the
> component
> type.
> For your purpose you may need to implement a css.task.Job, to be instantiated
> every time a document is loaded from its location or a new one is created.
> It all depends on what you're trying to achieve.
Yes, that is what I want: A component of which an instance is attached
to every document and lives as long as the document is opened. But it
also needs to provide and handle menus, dialogs and other user
interaction. So do I need both Job and ProtocolHandler?

I found sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/Components/Addons/JobsAddon and
will try to adapt it to my purposes.

Thank you!
        Jan