On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 09:47:32PM +0200, Harald Kleiner wrote:
> According to the task Data Consistency Checks on Things_To_Do-page I set up a
> framework that implements checking for errors and allows to give every issue
> some state information to see if errors are getting corrected. (In fact
> errors are stored in a table.)
>
> What you get is a splitted tool: On the backend a plugin-based script does
> error-checking. It produces new error entries and new state information for
> existing errors. On the frontend users could be directed to errors that
> occurred in their area using JOSM or Potlatch and so errors could be
> corrected.
>
> Error-checking procedures run on the database directly using SQL. I have done
> it this way for performance and flexibility reasons (and because my
> SQL-skills are much better than my RoR-skills...). The framework itself is
> implemented in php running SQL queries, so the scripts dont have magic inside
> - you could easily reimplement them using RoR...
>
> I have already implemented some checks that looked interesing to me. Let me
> show you just three examples:
>
> * Dead-ended one-ways
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.2197604&lon=16.3590016&zoom=17
>
> * almost-junction between roads
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.3591848&lon=15.3883847&zoom=18
>
> * non-closed areas (click Edit! the area is not displayed in the map)
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.3929566&lon=11.6303181&zoom=13
>

> Is there anyone (still) interested in such a framework (need more details)?

Its great that you are looking into this and writing some code. Over a
year ago I created the Maplint tool (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Maplint)
but stopped working on it, because it was using the wrong approach
(XSLT). Doing this with SQL is a lot better. You can look into Maplint
and the JOSM Validator plugin
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins/Validator)
for ideas on which checks to implement.

Can we see your tool in action somewhere?

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298