Marc Schütz wrote:

> Several of the ways in this area
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?
> lat=49.89487&lon=10.88733&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTFTTT
> have been modified with Potlatch so that they contain the same node
> twice in a
> row. Is this a known bug? Should the API be changed to reject such
> ways?

It's not expressly forbidden to have a way comprising 865234
occurrences of the same node in succession, though I agree it's not
desirable, so strictly it's not a bug.

Potlatch does already trap most such occurrences (see http://
trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/editors/potlatch/
way.as#L691) but if you can provide steps to reproduce that would be
helpful - on a trac ticket, please, so I can keep track of it, and
ideally with way ids as I've just spent two minutes clicking around
and can't actually find which ways you're talking about. ;)

cheers
Richard