Matt Amos wrote:

> just out of interest, i did a quick check on a recent UK extract: 65%
> of all tags are created_by and that 87% of created_by tags are JOSM.

'taint a simple comparison, though: Potlatch doesn't set created_by
on nodes at all, but does set created_by on way updates. JOSM sets
created_by on way and node creation, but not on update.

I did a few bits of SQL footling around recently on a UK planet and
it would _roughly_ suggest that more UK edits at present are done
with Potlatch than JOSM. I suspect the reverse is true in Germany!

cheers
Richard