> So it misses 5bis and 135sous ?
Yes, it would. But maybe it's the wrong approach to identify the
housenumber and then look it up. Instead, building a list of all
available housenumber/street combinations from the dataset and doing a
"similar" search might yield the best results, independently from the
exact address definition (similar means like Google does its "did you
mean…?" feature).
Otherwise I really don't see a way to get it right everytime. If the
"address style" differs from city to city, one would have to have a
huge database on different address formats which still doesn't catch
user typos or if someone gives out addresses in the wrong format. But
that goes far beyond 'simple' and may require extensive resources (but
it's possible, Google did it for their Maps and it even only requires
one field). On the other hand an algorithm that finds the correct
address most of the time is probably good enough.
For navigating it's possible to drop the entire lettering stuff (i.e.
"13a", "13b"…) because the houses are so close in these cases that it
really doesn't matter. My guess is the same goes for "5bis" or
"135sous". Maybe we want to just drop any lettering and just take the
most likely number?

Greetings
xeen
--