2009/3/19 Stefan de Konink <ste...@konink.de>

> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Grant Slater wrote:
>
> > Patched planet files will become available shortly, but they too take
> > time to generate.
>
> Are you saying you are going to regenerate all previous planet files?
> Isn't that a bit waste of resources?

A significant use of resources, yes, but, a waste? Probably not... As
copyright data has been found, it needs to be removed from distribution, for
the API, the current version and history versions would need to be removed
then it would be clean, but for the planet files, either a) all planet and
patch files containing this data would need to be removed from distribution
or b) past planet files would need to be modified to just remove this bad
data... I personally feel that with all the cool things people have done
with historical planet data value is demonstrated in having these historical
planet files, so, where possible, it would be good to clean them, and the
patch files, up rather than remove all the affected planet and patch files
for ever...