El Jueves, 2 de Abril de 2009, Stefan de Konink escribió:
> Does anyone have any timings on importing the current planet.osm in
> PostgreSQL with any tool available? Using lets say 8GB of ram and
> 'typical' disk?

I can only say that I imported a planet (with custom, non-OSM data) worth 170m
nodes and 12m ways (about 2GB in .bz2) in less than five hours.

My system is an AMD64 1.6GHz, 2 GB DDR memory, and quad 250GB HDDs in raid5
with Debian-amd64 on top - nothing too fancy by today's standards.

osm2pgsql *not* in slim mode addressed just a tad over 4 GB of virtual memory
($DEITY bless 64-bit systems), and around 1.5 GB of real memory was
allocated. Those are peak numbers.

Just for the record: I do think the import is roughly as fast as batch
processing 2 GB of small files files. And I'm sorry I didn't run any
benchmarking tools at the time O:-)

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.9-1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 23:36:51 up 2 days,  2:12,  3 users,  load average: 1.87, 1.86, 1.88