Hi Grant,

What did you do exactly?  I'm not sure what impact I had on this outage.

A couple of days ago Alexander Chmyr updated the xml writer so that it would ignore control characters. I made a couple of changes to his patch, then updated the osmosis on dev. Unfortunately the newest version of osmosis uses a different method of querying the data tables (it uses temp tables in the query) and the daily updates stopped working. The hourly updates also became flaky and locked up occasionally. I'm not 100% sure that my changes caused the problem but I assume they did. For some reason minute updates were fine, but larger data sets caused things to completely lock up and stop responding, I haven't had time to investigate this.

Last night (approx 28th July 14:00 UTC) I reverted to the previous osmosis version and just updated the xml writer. I tried to test it but it was still giving me trouble so I left it there. I should have sent an email to dev saying where things were up to but I was already down to 5 hours sleep :-)

So thanks for generating the missing files, it's much appreciated. Did you just re-run osmosis, or did you have to do something else?

Brett

PS. I've posted to dev simply to keep everybody up to date and save me writing multiple emails :-)