Hi

I just tested it again - the track is still public - I also deleted the
track so you can't see it in the list.

I went to the API documentation again too, but that seems to have changed
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6#Uploading_Traces)
since my last visit there in July and now includes some documentation for a
'visibility' parameter.  I'll implement that in my dev version.

I think it would be best to provide some backward compatibility for the
'public' parameter - the API version did not change so that would be
logical.

Mario
P.S. I had a lot of trouble posting to this list - I initially posted in
August, but my initial message was still pending.  The core problem was
subscribing to the list, but that can not be done on nabble, which was my
mistake.