On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> there is nothing special to forest or wood. Woods share the same
> problem. If you render a park atop the landuse, the woods will
> disappear below. That's OK for a park inside a wood, but it's not OK
> for a wood inside the park.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

That's not true with the Mapnik renderer. As I said in my original
email, parks have a transparency less than 1 (or 255, depending on
what range you're using) -- that is, they are not fully opaque. So a
park which overlays a landuse does not obscure the landuse, it merely
alters the coloration some. The woods do not disappear below. The
reverse, when landuses overlay parks, does result in the park being
obscured, since landuses are fully opaque.

- Dan