Lars Francke [mailto:lars.fran...@gmail.com]
>Sent: 11 November 2009 1:16 PM
>To: Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
>Cc: OpenStreetMap Dev
>Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Complete history of OSM data - questions and
>discussion
>
>Andy,
>
>> Ultimately the formation of a mini project is probably needed. Input from
>> those like yourself willing to work on it and the will and time from
>others
>> who would need to support the work, including sysadmins.
>
>I had hoped that this could be (re-)solved rather unbureaucratic and
>without the need to involve the Wiki :)
>The wiki tends to drag discussions on....

The community likes to be kept informed of developments and there may be
others out there that wish to help with stuff or have a real interest in the
form and function of what is done. Only a small number of the OSM community
read the dev list. Putting stuff on the wiki doesn't necessarily mean you
are asking for discussion, but rather it's a means of communicating what you
are doing and providing a conduit for the community give feedback.

Cheers

Andy