On 16/12/09 17:02, hy-soft wrote:
> Tom Hughes wrote:
 >
>> As opposed to what? A timestamp specified in the uploaded XML file?
>>
>> That has (as far as I know) always been the case - any timestamp in the
>> uploaded XML is discarded. Certainly I believe API's 0.4 to 0.6 have
>> worked in that way, which covers the last couple of years.
> Ok, if this is the case I might not have noticed this behaviour when
> working previously with osm.
> sorry.
> But I always interpreted this timestamp as the date/time, when the
> mapper who uploaded the item visited the place.

That's certainly never been the case because no editor has ever provided
the ability to set a date for an object in that way. The most they could
ever have done is to set the date it was entered into the editor.

But, like I say, I don't believe the API has ever allowed them to even
do that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)