Hi Stefan, thanks for your e-mail,
I hope you don't mind this : I've added your links to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapping_indoor_and_outdoor_human_sized_objects#Around_other_mapping_standards.2Fsolutions.2Fdatasets
(you land there by typing indoor mapping in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org's
search engine).

My team's finished its Geopard end-of-studies project. You can look it up
here : http://geoparden.wordpress.com

The Point Zero X project  (http://web.me.com/sachinio/pzx/Home.html <= I
found this link on http://dev.ifs.hsr.ch/indoorwps/wiki ) seems to be
similar to Geopard : wifi geopositioning for a university campus, but Point
Zero X has more geopositionned-services than Geopard (geopard only gives
per-university room daily schedule, while Point Zero X gives associated
lectures content and chatrooms).

what server stack do the Point Zero X & IndoorWPS projects use ? an OGC
server like mapserver/geoserver/arcgis ?
The latest (end of january) Geopard release uses an OSM stack that was
assembled on top of an ubuntu 8.04 EBS AMI.

I'm proposing anyone to ask me for an access to amazon EC2 snapshot of the
Geopard server. The OSM stack has these landmarks :
- <<localhost (not from osm.org)>> minutely Rails-port/osmosis
read-replication-interval (rri) => postgis db
- increased rendering zoom levels (22 instead of 17) thanks to a modified
mod_tile/renderd build
- 1 mod_tile tileset = 1 .xml file per buidling level
- a sample openlayers viewer page to switch display between level layers

I really feel that there's a lack of indoor (wifi or other) geopositioning
projects which do not contain any patent :
For example here
:http://www.skyhookwireless.com/flash/loader_howitworks.swf; if you
read closely you'll find that their geopositioning algorithm
(server-side) is patented and also unfortunately, their wifi beacons
database is closed source.

That's about the same for Ekahau, Aeroscout and Mapume I think. About your
wifi-geopositioning technology, is it open source ?
Ours (Geopard's) is, but is not released yet.

Jonathan-David Schröder